Buy a Souvenir Worth Saving
Some souvenirs are worthwhile, but the memento worth keeping must be chosen with care. Here are some suggestions:
- Buy something you will use and preferably something you need, not just a remembrance of a place visited.
- Don't buy anything you can get as easily or as cheaply at home.
- Buy things you would be willing to look at and live with in a year's time and later.
- Buy in a reputable establishment with a reputation to maintain.
- Look for craft articles produced in the area.
"Buy a Souvenir Worth Saving," Changing Times, July 1966.