The Smithsonian Institution is filled with thousands of fascinating objects and hundreds of exhibits that appeal to the whole family. With so many options, it's hard to know what to do first! This guidebook helps kids find exactly what they'd like to see.
Awesome Adventures at the Smithsonian: The Official Kids Guide to the Smithsonian Institution is an interactive guidebook just for kids with material that can be enjoyed at home and in the museums. It covers the three most visited Smithsonian museums: the National Air and Space Museum, the National Museum of Natural History, and the National Museum of American History. Packed with great descriptions, cool activities, and fun photos, Awesome Adventures at the Smithsonian is the perfect book to help kids get excited about and get the most out of their visit to the Smithsonian.
Awesome Adventures at the Smithsonian was developed by Emily B. Korrell, an elementary and middle school teacher, along with museum educators and curators to stimulate and encourage deep involvement by all types of learners. It is recommended for ages 8–12 and can be used at earlier ages with an adult.
Inside you'll find:
- Interesting facts about the Smithsonian
- Museum maps to help navigate and plan your visit
- Lists of not-to-be-missed things to see and do at each museum
- Behind-the-scenes stories about museum treasures
- Interviews with an astronaut, fighter pilot, paleontologist, and volcanologist
- Pop quizzes and brain-teasing questions
- Activities to help you explore the museums
- Fun tasks to try at home with your friends
- Journal pages to write about your Smithsonian visit
- Places to draw your favorite finds
- QR codes and web addresses to find more cool content online
- 450 fun photographs and illustrations
- So much more!
Get the Guide
Purchase Awesome Adventures at the Smithsonian: The Official Kids Guide to the Smithsonian Institution at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or find a local independent retailer.